Tuesday, May 31, 2011


I'm always fascinated by reading my blog stats....like how someone actually Googled "regular chap stick on vagina".....and stumbled onto my blog by accident. I tell my kids to Google stuff all the time when they ask me questions about how things work or if some thing really exists. They are always surprised when auto search shows them that someone else already asked that question. Of course, my kids don't often ask questions about using chap stick on vaginas....so I wonder about this person.....what condition would they actually be suffering that they would consider putting chap stick on it? and did they find a site that answered their question? Were they disappointed that my blog didn't offer any serious advice on putting chap stick on their vagina?....have they come back to my blog to enquire about anything else?...

However, I'm also sometimes sad that I can't always write about anything I want to. I like to share my experiences and feelings, albeit with humour, but about real things that I think and feel sometimes. I think it makes people feel less alone in the world when they can read something and think "yeah, I've thought that too". I like to be someone that says what we all think but don't always like to admit. I have no problem admitting my bathroom issues, or the horrifying changes taking place to my body as I get older.....because I often hear people say that they identified with something I wrote. However, there are others, and fortunately not very many, that read my blog....and I often wonder why they read it, when they so obviously don't get the humour or the subject matter offends them.....people with too much time on their hands maybe....that can take what I write....and twist it into something really demented, or take me seriously about something I write about, when I'm really just kidding. Most of my readers are intelligent, well-adjusted individuals that get that I find humour in the ridiculous....but some don't and it's that few that makes me sometimes think I should at times censor myself....don't give too much of myself away....because they will take it and run with it in a crazy direction....then other times, I realize that they are the ones not to be taken seriously. So sometimes I feel brave and share some intimate things with my readers....and sometimes I keep them to myself....but I'm going to keep on writing no matter what, because I'm lucky enough to live in a country where we are all entitled to our opinions and thoughts and are free to share them openly and honestly...and because I have a talent for it, and talents should be cultivated, not hidden....and also because it's fun to have family and friends constantly shouting at me "NO you cannot blog about this!"....and then ignore them and blog about it anyways